The matches in Group G of the 2018 FIFA World Cup will take place from June 18, 2018 to June 28, 2018. The 1966 World Cup winner England along with Belgium, Tunisia and debutant Panama will compete in this group for a place in Round of 16 (Knockout Stage) of the tournament. The matches will be played in round-robin basis, in which each team will play one match against other three teams in the group. The top two teams in the group after each team played three games will reach the round of sixteen stage of 2018 FIFA World Cup.
The ranking of each team in the Group G shall be determined as follows:
- greatest number of points obtained in all group matches;
- goal difference in all group matches;
- greatest number of goals scored in all group matches.
If the two teams secure equal ranking based on the points, goal difference and number of goals scored, then the ranking of those two teams will be decided on the basis of:
greatest number of points obtained in the group matches between theteams concerned;
goal difference resulting from the group matches between the teamsconcerned;
greater number of goals scored in all group matches between the teamsconcerned;
- fair play points -first yellow card: minus 1 point; indirect red card (second yellow card): minus 3 points; direct red card: minus 4 points; yellow card and direct red card: minus 5 points;
- drawing of lots by the FIFA Organising Committee.
The points to each team for a particular match will be awarded as below:
|Outcome of a Match||Points|
There will not be any extra time after the scheduled 90 minutes of play during the Group Stages of 2018 FIFA World Cup. Here you can check the Result and News from the 2018 FIFA World Cup Group G.
2018 FIFA World Cup Group G Result
|Sochi – June 18, 2018 6:00 pm|
|Volgograd – June 18, 2018 9:00 pm|
|Moscow – June 23, 2018 3:00 pm|
|Nizhny Novgorod – June 24, 2018 3:00 pm|
|Kaliningrad – June 28, 2018 8:00 pm|
|Saransk – June 28, 2018 9:00 pm|